Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Thirteen Days of Christmas ~ Day 5 and Day 6

This ornament is so inspiring. I have wanted to make an art quilt for the longest time, and now I have my own beautiful art quilt ornament. It is made of muslin, music paper and cheesecloth blended together in the most ethereal way!


Here is a close-up of that sweet vintage image of a girl and her dog.
Patti's package came wrapped in muslin and lace. Maybe they can be the start of my very own art quilt.

Day 6 artist is Martha Brown

Look at the adorable packaging she made from a bird seed bag! I borrowed this image from her blog, because, as usual, I opened my present without taking a photo of it first.
The theme of this ornament is joy, and it brought me great joy when I opened it! The ornament is made of glass, and the joy collage is showing through the glass. 

But wait, there's more! The back is collaged as well. This is a collage on the opposite side of the "joy". Doesn't it look perfect on my little silver tree?

No comments: