Monday, August 26, 2013

Keys to the City and New Robot Assemblages

Scarlett Pons and I had the pleasure of teaching a workshop to a group of travel writers who were visiting Fredericksburg. The students made a "key to the city" with me, and a pottery box with Scarlett.

 Each bezel was collaged and then filled with ICE resin.

Here are the finished projects. I think they turned out beautifully!

I took a new group of assemblages to the PonShop last week.
Sprocket, the dog, looked a little worried!
This piece was the first one to sell:
These two are still waiting to be adopted:

 This is Sprocket, looking much happier.


Elizabeth said...

The keys are wonderful !! Need to come to the BIG michaels in the burg for more supplies!! Love your new assemblages and I am not one bit surprised the Bug sold so quickly!! Sprocket won't be around long either!! Good girl for blogging! I ahve to get back to it, I ahve been soooo bad!!

Rana X said...

Could you tell me where you purchased the key bezels? I love them!!

Leslie Brier, Brier Design Studio said...

Hi Rana,
The key bezels are made by Tim Holtz. I found some of mine at Hobby Lobby, and some at a local scrapbooking store. Have fun!