Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Thirteen Days of Christmas - Day 1 and Day 2

Photo by Elizabeth Woodford

I am so excited to be part of  Elizabeth Woodford's Thirteen Days of Christmas Swap. There are thirteen artists in our group. Each of us made thirteen little gifties and sent them to Elizabeth. She redistributed them so that each artist got thirteen different gifts to open. And now, we are opening them one day at a time. Fun!

Photo by Elizabeth Woodford
Day One Artist is Barbara Burkhard

This ornament was inside Barbara's package. I should've photographed it from the side so you could see it better. It is a glass ball with a snowman image and lots of sparkly jewels at the bottom. A silvery bow with a little jingle bell tops it off.  I can't wait to make some of these myself. They are wonderful.


But, wait! There's more! Inside the box was also this beautiful cuff bracelet. It has a felt base with lace and netting and buttons and it is just gorgeous. I have gotten so many compliments on it already. 

Photo by Elizabeth Woodford
Day 2 was just as amazing as Day 1. Notice that all of the packaging pictures are taken by Elizabeth. That's because I get so excited, I forget to take a picture first!
Day 2 artist is Mary Zimany

This ornament is made from a small tin, and it has a wonderful collage image inside. Here is a close-up of the collage:
Isn't it wonderful? One of my favorite holiday sentiments, as well.

I have to show the back of this ornament, too. Look at the sweet little button at the top, and the way Mary used alcohol inks on the tin. It is just gorgeous!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Mary did do a fabulous job on this little gem and you took a great picture of it. Your picture of Barbs ornament is perfect as well, mine came out terribly- I will be borrowing!!! Hope that you are feeling better!!