Friday, March 30, 2012

Handkerchief Babies

I have been working on my handkerchief babies series for the past year or two. They involve a small china doll, and lots of lots of antique linens and lace. I don't think I've shown one on the blog before because I could never get a really nice photo of them. Enter Donna Hopkins, photographer extraordinaire!
Photo by Donna Hopkins

 We spent a fun morning together, and she shot the most delightful images of my babies! We were looking for a prop to go with the top image when I remembered Rick's grandmother's Wedgwood tea cups. I brought one down and it matched perfectly. When we got to the second piece, I realized that my grandmother's tea cup would match this one. My china closet happens to be in my studio...Coincidence? I think not?


Photo by Donna Hopkins
Donna also shot these images of some inspiration pieces that I'm using for some custom artwork.
Photo by Donna Hopkins


Photo by Donna Hopkins

Photo by Donna Hopkins
There is something so soothing about her images. They make me feel like I'm "home". To see more of Donna's photography please go to http://www.patchworkphotos.com.

No comments: