Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Domestic Goddess!

The idea of my name and the title Domestic Goddess being on  the same page makes me laugh! Most of the time if I'm working in the kitchen, it's because I'm drying acrylic paint with a heat gun. Luckily, my husband is a great cook, and he doesn't mind preparing dinners for us. Despite my domestic shortcomings, I decided that my latest piece would have a kitchen theme. 
She has an oven timer for a head, and a tiara, of course.


Her upper body is made from a tart pan and the top of an old mixer. As you can see, she is built like a brick house.
 Her body rests on top of a mouli shredder. The handle moves and has wings on it. When the handle is in the forward postion, the wings sit right against her shoulders. The mouli shredder also has her motto on it: "When in doubt, bake at 350." It's always worked for me! I learned this rule from my dad when I went away to college.
After I was finished with my domestic goddess, I felt like I had met her before. I think she is related to Rosie the Robot from The Jetsons.  I found this picture on thecartoonarchive.com.

3 comments:

Sue Shotwell said...

This is awesome Leslie! I laughed as soon as I saw it. She is the perfect Domestic Goddess!

hannah said...

This is creepy...and awesome! Love it!

Elizabeth said...

I love her!!!! You are a Goddess of Invention and that is way cooler than a domestic Goddess, and I am a Goddess of English Grammar!!!!
I love her Brick House sign and her pastry wheel arm and Tiara- had to have a tiara!!!