Sunday, April 18, 2010

Collaborative Jewelry Work


Elizabeth Woodford and have been working on a collaborative jewelry set to donate to the LibertyTown Patron's Show in May. We decided on an ocean theme, and then combed through each of our bead stashes to assemble a group of beads to work from.

Elizabeth created this stunning bracelet. I borrowed this photo from her blog, where you can read more about her creative process, and see more images. She had to rework the piece several times to get it just right. I did some reworking myself, mainly due to the fact that I had to come up with something that would be a suitable companion to Elizabeth's gorgeous piece!

I decided to do one of my salt shaker pendants, and add a little more beading than usual. I had purchased a mermaid bead from Green Girl Studios when I was on vacation in Ashland, North Carolina and this seemed like the perfect  time to use it.

She is dangling from the bottom of the salt shaker, along with a variety of beads from our collective stash. I added a beaded section on the top of the salt shaker. I like the effect, and intend to explore the idea further in the future. I added chain to the very top, to coordinate with the salt shaker and mermaid, and then added a splash of beads on the bottom half of the chain. (You can click on the image for a closer look.)

The middle photo above also shows the earrings. They have shells with a variety of beachy beads spilling out of them.

There are still tickets available for the patron's show. Tickets are $150, and each ticket guarantees the ticket holder an original piece of artwork. (Or, in this case, three original pieces!) I hope you'll consider coming down to join the fun! For more information, you can visit the website at http://www.libertytownarts.com/.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE what you have done here Leslie!! WHAT A SMASHING SET!! i LOVE HOW YOU INCORPORATED THE LITTLE VINTAGE SWIRLY BEADS THAT WE GOT IN aLEXANDRIA AND THE SILVER SPIRAL SHELL THINGS FOR THE EARRINGS ARE WONDERFUL. yOU KNOW HOW i LOVE THE STERLING ALT SHAKER PENDANTS. it WILL BE A SMASHING Success!!! Sorry- must have hit the caps lock!

Talk to you soon!
E

eco friendly jewelry said...

gREat PoSt