Sunday, February 21, 2010

NeoVictorian Adventures


Here is a piece that I've been working on for the past two weeks. It's not quite finished yet. The caption is, "Everyone admired her graceful movement." I'm still trying to decide if those words belong in  the piece, or under the piece. It is 22 inches tall, so the words will have to be pretty large if I do decide to put them in. And, I'll have to figure out how to get them in there.

This piece is a mixed media collage. Most of the images were taken from late 1800s issues of Scientific American and early 1900s issues of Ladies Home Journal. I only have two more weeks to work on it, so I'll let you know how it turns out. As always, suggestions are welcome!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh I love how this is coming along!! Looking forward to seeing it in person!!
Hugs!
E

Johnna said...

Hello Lesley,
Terry Pitzel is a friend of mine and suggested I look at your Blog. Wow I love your work! I'm the one who lives at Lake of the Woods. Would love to meet you sometime!
Johnna

Leslie Brier, Brier Design Studio said...

Thanks Johnna,
I'd love to get together. Hopefully I'll meet you at Terry's opening this Friday.
Leslie

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Oh I Love it Leslie!
the name is brilliant too, such fun!
oxo

Dianne and Jillian said...

Mrs.Brier
It's me Jillie!I just LOVE your piece.It's beautiful.I'll be getting my blog soon,and you can see my work!Can't wait to see the real thing!
-Jillie

Leslie Brier, Brier Design Studio said...

Thanks so much Jillie! I need to get back to working on it. My friends Elizabeth and Terri both gave me some good ideas, so now I need to get it finished.
I can't wait to see your blog!