Thursday, January 10, 2013

Getting real in the new year.

I resolved in 2013 to get my housework, calendar, paperwork and antique booth back on track before going back to full-time creating. I am sticking with my resolution, but have discovered that everything takes about three times longer than I think it does. Or maybe it just feels that way!

th; text-align: center;"> I moved into a shiny new booth of my own. I was sharing the last space and we all had found so many wonderful treasures, that we just didn't have enough room for everything. I still have a lot more to price and bring in, including large pieces, but I'm very happy with the process. My parents and husband have been a big help every step of the way.
Because I've been so busy "being good" I am more excited than ever to teach some classes!
Kids can join me on Sunday Januray 13 and January 20 at the PonShop to make Recycled Robots.
Shown are some examples from the class that I taught this summer.
On Thursday, January17 I'll be teaching a resin class at Artistic Artifacts Annex in Alexandria, Virginia. We'll be repurposing costume jewelry into beautiful resin pendants. This class is a wonderful opportunity to turn an unwearable piece of jewelry into  a new, wearable piece.
Thr little bug on this piece was a broken pin. Now it is a new, wearable necklace.
I'll be posting more about classes soon. I hope you can join me!
 
 

1 comment:

Cafe Artiste said...

Love the kids' robots! Awesome! Also love the repurposed costume jewelery what a great idea. I'm looking forward to taking classes from you in April at Art and Soul in Kansas City (including the robots, LOL)!!!