My daughter and I had a great time making it, too. In case you want to try it, this is what we did:
- Mix up a 3-ounce box of red gelatin according the the package directions.
- Pour into the bottom of a large glass rectangular pan. Refrigerate.
- Mix up a package of knox gelatin with one cup of boiling water. Stir until the gelatin is dissolved. Add 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk. Let the milk mixture cool on the countertop.
- When the jello mixture is soft-set and the milk mixture has cooled, GENTLY spoon the milk mixture on top of the gelatin mixture. If you try to pour it on top, it'll splash big holes in the soft jello. (Guess how I know that?) Allow both layers to set up in the refrigerator. This takes about an hour.
- Then... repeat all those steps with orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.
We started our jello on Friday morning, and added the last layer on Sunday afternoon.
I think the next time I have the urge to pour, stir and wait in order to make something beautiful, I'll do it with ice resin!