Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Where Have I Been?

by Leslie Brier, Brier Design Studio

Note: I am going to whine for a moment, so if you don't want to read the whiney part, you can skip straight down to the pictures.

Ever since I got back from Art and Soul, my life seems to be on fast-forward. Work-wise, I'm juggling a whole bunch of projects at once. On the home front, my son is getting ready to graduate from high school, and my daughter is going through SOL testing. I'm trying to get the house company-ready, meet all my deadlines, and still have some time to create.

Oh, and there's a snake in my garage. And it won't leave. When we get brave and try to chase it out, it just slithers back further into my garage. I would post a picture of it, but then, every time I go to my blog page, I'll get cold chills all over again. I feel sorry for it, but I really, really, really want it out of my garage.

I feel better now.



Guess what I got for Mother's Day? One-third of an antique booth, that's what. I've decided that it's time to put all of my hunting and gathering skills to good use. My friends Suzanne and Jolie and I went together on a space in an antique mall.

This is how the booth looked when I left it today. I think we did a pretty good job of mixing together all of the different stuff we had.


Jolie brought in this cool manly mannequin. I covered him with all kinds of little goodies.
I just got that bird cage. I decided to take it straight to the booth, before I fell in love with it.
The teller at the drive-through at the bank saw the cage and  asked me if there was a live bird in there. I totally forgot there was a bird cage in my car. And I was still freaked out about the snake in the garage, so I'm thinking that suddenly there's a live bird in the back of my car. After I freaked out for a minute, I realized what she was talking about, and so I blurted out, "No! But there's a snake in my garage!" Now I'm wondering if I need to change banks, or just pretend I was drinking at the time.

2 comments:

hannah said...

This looks fantastic! I'm so pumped for you guys! :)

Elizabeth said...

What anice inviting booth!!! Not sure how you managed to deliver that bird cage for sale!!!! the snake has goto to GO!!!