Monday, May 3, 2010

New Jewelry Work

It's been a long time since I made jewelry, and I've really missed it. As usual, a looming deadline is what drew me into the studio. I had a tough time deciding what I wanted to focus on, so I made a little bit of ephemera-based jewelry, and a little bit of old-school beaded jewelry.After I got into the groove, it was hard to stop.

Each piece is part of a set with coordinating earrings and necklaces. All are currently available at LibertyTown in Fredericksburg, Va.


(Above) Pendant made from a vintage fuse tin, a button, and murano glass. The tin still opens and closes.

Large gray freshwater pearls, brass findings, crystal and czech glass.

Relic baby. (With a copper and mother of pearl "belly button")


Resin pendant with leaf and butterfly motif.


Pewter swallow with amethyst Swarovski crystal on ribbon.


Cherry blossoms and hummingbirds.

Bird pendant with crystals. Hand-strung and knotted.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

tRUELY A STUNNING COLLECTION AND i AM SURE TAHT THEY WILL fly OUT OF lIBERTY tOWN!! gOOD jOB you!!!!
OOPS cap lock was on! I hate is when that hapeens- must have big fingers!!:)