Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fall Preview




I have been busy, busy, busy in the past week! I actually carved out a few days in a row of studio time in order to get ready for some upcoming shows. I'll tell you more about the shows in my next post.

I got inspired while spending so much time in the school supply aisles last week, and so I created some journals. I started with some tiny ones. They are just 3.25 x 4.5 inches. Fairy-sized!


I used Claudine Hellmuth's new line of studio paints, and I just love them. I used the resist technique that she shows on her blog for the backgrounds. I can't wait to get the rest of the colors!
The fairy stamps are from Tim Holtz and the little girl comes from Island Stamping. I bought everything at Handcraft House, one of my favorite places to go for a little half-day outing.

In my next post, I'll show you some of the larger journal covers that I did.



No comments: